The Go Fish! Story
I grew up in the “Metropolis” of Nevis, MN (population 388) and started guiding at the age of 15. During the first season, my dad would have to drop me off at the lake in the morning, since I didn’t even have a driver’s license yet (thanks Dad!). 2012signifies my21st season as a guide. I reside in Park Rapids and the area offers, literally, hundreds of lakes to fish (400 within a 25 mile radius).
About Your Guide
I’m very laid back in the boat, so don’t worry about losing a lunker…I won’t give you a hard time! I’m quite patient so if you get a tangle in your line, don’t apologize; that simply happens when you fish. Kids and families are welcome andI do everything possible to[singlepic id=88 w=320 h=240 float=right] accommodatespecial requests. By the way, I’m not only a fishing guide, but also have a Master’s Degree in Education. I have been a teacher in Nevis Public School District 308 for ten years and teach…KINDERGARTEN! Ironically, my classroom is two blocks from my childhood home.
For Novice Anglers
If you’ve never been fishing before, have limited experience or simply want to gain a better understanding of the lake you’re staying on, I’d love to have you aboard. Just as I would do for students in my classroom, I will take you from whatever ability level you’re at and help you learn. Ultimately, learning about fishing equates to catching more fish!
While on the trip, expect to:
- Use some of the most high-tech, innovative equipment on the market
- Receive step-by-step instruction as we fish
- Hear LOTS of stories from the guide
- CATCH FISH!
For the Expert
If you’ve spent countless hours angling and have a strong knowledge of angling technique, we’ll have a fun day on the water too! Whether you’re searching for a trophy,a species you’ve never landed before or a fish dinner, you’re sure to have a great time with Go Fish! Guide Service!
Keep these items in mind:
- I supply all the gear you’ll need to fish, but if you have a favorite rod or “secret lure”, by all means, bring it along.
- Many guides do not allow guests to bring a portable GPS along for marking key fishing areas. I, on the other hand, don’t mind. Additionally, if you need a tutorial on how to work your GPS, I’m more than happy to assist.
- If you see me out on the water with clients in the days, weeks or months following our excursion, do stop by and say hello. I enjoy hearing your success stories for the day as much as you enjoy hearing mine.